Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stephanie Perkins' Covers Get a New Look!


You know I absolutely loved Anna and Lola and am greatly anticipating Isla, but how do I feel about the covers being changed?  Is it sacrilege?

Well, I liked the covers of Anna and Lola before, but they looked very juvenile.  I was kind of embarrassed to let others see what I was reading despite the stories being absolutely fantastic.  The covers just looked very young and cute.  No doubt, the stories were super cute and young, but their content is still mature.

Original Jacket Art
Original Jacket Art.  Look how accurately Lola and Cricket are dressed!
  The new jacket art reminds me of those "Keep Calm and ______" posters.  I assume it's the font.  I do like that these picture the setting, but I'm still a little sad that the adorables couples aren't pictured.  Some really hot cover models would be on the covers if they were designed that way, n'est-ce que pas?  Now, I know that the cover of Isla features New York, but does this mean that most of the book takes place there?  The blurb is a little ambiguous...

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.
Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new. 

P.S.  In a recent tweet, Stephanie mentioned that the gang would pop up again in Isla's story.
J'adore bien Etienne, Anna, Lola, and Cricket, but how is Stephanie managing to stick them all in without it seeming forced?  Are they all going to go on vacation and meet up?  I greatly anticipate it.  Stephanie has never disappointed before, and I don't intend on her doing it come 9/17/13 when it hits the shelves!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.