Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've gotten to blogging a little late today, but nonetheless, Happy V Day everybody! For all you couples, I hope you had a nice evening together, and all those alone today, like moi, no worries. I am going to snuggle with the last two chapters of Beautiful Creatures.

I know this day was a lot of mushy,gushy, stuff but what do you think about this holiday? Should it be celebrated to the extent it currently is, or is this holiday a way for candy stores, florists, and jewelers to make a little something something?

I don't know about you, but I agree with the latter. People should be treated with love everyday. You don't need to go all out to show your love on one day of the year. Its the consistent, little things that matter. I would rather have each day someone do a small gesture that shows he cares than have him go over the top on one day. To me, its a little pretentious. Show someone you care through your actions, not materialistic goods like diamonds and chocolate.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.