Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book into Movie Review: Safe Haven (Nicholas Sparks)

Since when did Nicholas Sparks cross paths with the Investigation Discovery channel?

 6.5/10 stars
I'm a total sucker for Nicholas Sparks' books and movies, so I agreed to seeing this with my sister despite the 12% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.  I wasn't really sure what this was about, but there was a lot more violence and suspense than what I was expecting.  I wanted the satisfactory, cheesy, love story coupled with the bit of drama(aka death by disease that Nicholas Sparks has seemed to trademark) .  Yes, it obviously was a romance, but the darker side of the story really combated with this.  So, don't see this if you just wanted a typical Sparksian flick.

I know Josh Duhamel is aging pretty well, but the casting was odd.  He's 40, and Julianne Hough is 24.  That's weird.

I still liked this movie, and I don't think it deserves a 12%, but it sure wasn't great.  The ending was really sloppy, with the epic battle scene, but what I really didn't like was the throw in of the one character who I can't name without giving spoilers.  I understand the purpose of this character, but her role wasn't executed well.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.