Friday, June 13, 2014

Review: Just One Night by Gayle Forman

Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)Just One Night by Gayle Forman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Current Goodreads Rating: 4.36

After spending one life-changing day in Paris with laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter, sheltered American good girl Allyson “Lulu” Healey discovered her new lover had disappeared without a trace. Just One Day followed Allyson’s quest to reunite with Willem; Just One Year chronicled the pair’s year apart from Willem’s perspective. Now, back together at last, this delectable e-novella reveals the couple’s final chapter.


I thought that the Just One Day series was going to be a trilogy.  But, it wasn't. Nope, Just One Year ended at the same point as Just One Day.  I was angry!! I think all of the readers were angry, because Gayle came out with this novella and gave us a real ending.  Ahh, sweet closure!!!!!

I was pretty bored for most of the story.  It had been awhile since I last read Just One Year, and I forgot about all of the supporting characters and how Allyson found Willem.  

Initially, I gave this 3 stars because Allyson and Willem were barely together.  The ending was super sweet, buit the beginning and middle were a snooze fest.  Then, I realized that Gayle had made it realistic.  Life didn't stop after that one day.  It wouldn't have been as authentic if Allyson showed up and Willem dropped one of his shows to be with her.  

If you've read the rest of the series, I don't know why you wouldn't want to finish it off with Just One Night.  This is the ending we demanded.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.