Friday, January 18, 2013

Favorite Book Trailers

The idea of book trailers are really cool, n'est-ce que pas?  But we all know that there are a ton of corny, and just plain bad ones.  I've only thought a few were actually cool representations of the book, where I wasn't laughing at the terrible acting, but I'll admit to liking some of those cheesy ones because the premise and actors were cute:)


1. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

The graphics in this are amazing!  The author and her husband work within the film industry, so I'm not surprised by this awesome trailer.  It truly reminded me of a movie trailer.

2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


I think the music and atmosphere of the trailer are perfect for the book.  However, I wasn't too impressed with the sequel's trailer.  I think it focuses too much on Mara and Noah shoving their tongues down each other's throats and too little on the supernatural aspects, but the set is beautiful.


3. Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls


This is a super cute and clever representation of the book.  I believe that this is the first trailer I've seen for an indie, so those self-publised authors have got to step up their game!





This is one of those cheesy and ehh acting ones.  But the actors are just perfect!! I prefer this over the absolutely terrible Perfect Chemistry rap or the Rules of Attraction trailer because all of the Fuentes brothers are featured.



P.S. Doesn't the actor who plays Carlos look like Joe Jonas?

5. Everyday by David Levithan



This is like no other trailer I've ever seen because it is simply authors reading quotes from the book, yet it's super cool to see how many authors you recognize.

What are your favorite trailers? Why?  Have you seen any that were absolutely horrid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.