Have you ever wished that a big YA book tour would make a stop in your hometown? Well, here's your chance for that wish to come true! YA2U is a program that features five award-winning and best-selling authors who are holding a contest to see what city they should visit in an exclusive tour stop!
The authors are collecting votes from January 1 to February 15, and any city in the continental US or any Canadian city that has an international airport can win an exclusive visit from all five authors, including an author panel and book signing! Entering is super easy--and if you help spread the word about the contest, you can also enter win a signed copy of all of their books (TEN signed books in total!)--and the book contest is open internationally!
The authors in the program are:
- Marie Lu, the New York Times best-selling author of Legend and the upcoming Prodigy
- Marissa Meyer, the New York Times best-selling author of Cinder and the upcoming Scarlet
- Beth Revis, the New York Times best-selling author of Across the Universe, A Million Suns, and the upcoming Shades of Earth
- Victoria Schwab, author of The Near Witch and the highly-anticipated upcoming The Archived
- Megan Shepherd, author of the debut novel The Madman's Daughter
And they want to have an event in your home town! To participate, just got to the YA2U website and let them know what city you want them to come to. And while you're there, help spread the word about the contest and you can be entered to win all of their books--TEN signed books in total!
Here's why the YA2U Team should come to MY hometown, PHILADELPHIA!
*I kinda stole the following ideas from The Pop Traveler: 10 Reasons to visit Philadelphia
1. Independence National Historical Park "America's historical epicenter"
It's not an authentic Philly steak unless you get it here. Pat's and Geno's are two famous places to get them, right across the street from each other.
3. "Rocky" steps
Run up the famous Art Museum steps just like Rocky.
4. Philadelphia Zoo America's first zoo
5. Eastern State Penitentiary
Tour the famous wagon wheel designed jail where criminals like Al Capone and Willy Sutton were imprisoned.
Why should the YA2U Team come to your hometown? Why not join in the fun today and share with others about this program and your hometown. The more votes your town gets, the closer you are to having your very own personal tour stop! Vote for YOUR town here!
And if you help spread the word, you can also participate in the book giveaway. Tell them that you learned about YA2U from me and we both get extra entries in the contest!
a Rafflecopter giveaway