Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3)Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary:Like his brothers, Luis Fuentes is a risk taker; whether he's scaling the Rocky Mountains or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis is always looking for the next thrill. Nikki Cruz lives her life by certain rules -, don't trust a boy who says "I love you", boys lie to get their own way and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Then she meets Luis at his brother Alex's wedding and suddenly she's tempted to break all her rules. Getting Nikki to give him a chance is Luis's biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by the head of the gang that nearly destroyed his brothers' lives. Will Luis's feelings for Nikki be enough to stop him from entering a dark and violent world that could prove to be the ultimate risk?

Despite the fact that Luis was probably my least favorite Fuentes, this book, in my opinion rivals Perfect Chemistry.

I figure I'll be nice to the few viewers we have and start keeping my reviews organized like Crystal and Rachel.

Characters: Luis was the smartest Fuentes academically, yet he seemed the stupidest when it came to making real, important choices. He was the least funny as well, but he will make you laugh still so don't worry. Nikki might be seen as weak and vulnerable due to her past, but I liked her. i especially liked the way she handled her first meeting with Luis. She showed some girl power! Either way, both Luis and Nikki are carrying major baggage in the relationship. Guess what? Alex and Carlos have major roles as well:)
Plot: more gang drama... The Latino Blood is building back up. And of course the tension filled romance like the others in the series.
Writing: I still love the alternating POVs. Plus, Simone Elkeles is just so funny.

Would I recommend it to a friend? If you've read any in this series, you would have fallen in love with a Fuentes and would want to read this.

If you didn't know, in all of the epilogues, the characters are much older and have kids. I wish that there would be a follow up series on the kids' lives. That would be entertaining.


These trailers are a bit corny, but the actors are pretty easy to look at.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.