Sunday, December 09, 2012

Favorite Book Covers

I was watching Jessethereader on YouTube  thinking about becoming a booktuber again, and I got inspired to post my own list.  Let's be sérieux, we all judge a book by its cover to some extent.  So, I've comprised a list of my top 5 favorites based on the books that are currently on my shelf.

1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I had a difficult time choosing between this and The Evolution of Mara Dyer's cover.  Both are disturbingly beautiful images like the books themselves.  The covers' images have come from one photo shoot by Heather Landis called "Abyss of the Disheartened."  I assume the final book's cover will also be coming from here.  Which image would you like it to be?





2. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

I went to an Andrea Cremer book signing (actually 3 this year...I'm kinda stalking this woman.), and she said that the cover was changed because it was too hard to tell what the book was about.  I can agree with that, but the new cover is bizarre!  The original cover was gorgeous with the girl, the flower, and the pretty shade of purple.







"Why?" I ask.














3. The Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Unless you witness this cover in person, you won't fully appreciate it.  The typography is foiled, and there are foiled lines across the front that make it appear as if the girl's, Araby, image was behind shattered glass.







4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis

I like the original cover the best.  The colors are great, and the design of the two about to kiss is breathtaking.  The second cover wasn't bad either.  It gave the book a new look, more of a action adventure look than the romantic look from the original.  The newest edition that correlates with Shades of Earth doesn't satisfy me. It seems too plain, and you can't deduce what the book is about form it.



















5. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
The cover is just so striking.  Haha.  The lightning and the light shining through the clouds pleases the eye.  Plus, Mia looks pretty powerful with her arms spread out.
I have to say, whoever was in charge of design did a great job.  The book trailer was pretty amazing as well.  Jennifer Bosworth is in the film industry, and that is evident in the trailer.  It wasn't cheesy like all the rest of the book trailers that you love to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.