Tuesday, December 11, 2012

5 Holiday Gifts for the Booklover

Aside from the obvious book, here's some things that I thought were cool as a fellow bibliophile.

1. E-reader
iPad, nook, kindle, kobo, whatever e-reader you can imagine.  Even the most reluctant will discover the benefits of e-readers.  I love the feel of turning the pages, but e-readers are just so handy with neat features. I have to admit though, I've been using my iPhone to read much, much more than my nook out of laze.

2. Book-related Apparel
If you love books, check out OutofprintClothing! They've got bags, shirts and sweatshirts with the cover of famous books across the front.  The titles are mostly classics, but even Harold and the Purple Crayon is an option.  The coolest thing about this company is that every purchase will result in the giving away of a book to someone in need.
There's men's stuff too.

I have this one:)

Another cool shirt from BetterWorldBooks which is mainly a company that will also donate a book to someone in need when you buy one. Plus, free shipping!  Also, you can send in books to either be donated or recycled in addition to buying books from there.  No book is ever thrown out!
"That's what she read."

     3. Bookends
Levenger has some really cute ones.  My personal favorites:

Alice's Hedehogs
The Tale of Desperaux by Kate DiCamillo bookend

4. Literary Works Posters
Postertext creates poster that contain scenes from your favorite books using the words from the book, like photomosaics use a bunch of little pictures to make up the big picture.
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Peter Pan by J.M Barrie

The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas


5. Personal Library Kit
This is a cute idea, but I'm not sure I'd actually want it.  With this, you can record who borrowed your books and such.  For someone who likes to stay organized and truly cares about the whereabouts of their books. Buy it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.