Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm Such a Failure

Reading Olympics is a contest in my area where kids read books from a list all through the year.  Then, on the competition day, all of the schools in the county gather at a high school and are asked plot questions about the books.

The competition is very fun because, yes it gets competitive.  It's not a competition against anyone but yourself.  You want to get 50 questions right out of 75 for a blue ribbon.  Though there is another team in the room answering questions with you, it doesn't hurt you if they are answering all of theirs right.  Except, if they answer wrong, you have a chance to answer it and win a point for your team.

Tomorrow is the big day.  The list can be found on my challenges page, and they are books that would actually pique a teen's interest.  But, I'm such a letdown to the team.  I have read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs this year, but I forget most of what happened.  And I read If I Stay by Gale Forman a few years ago.  Does it count that I saw the The Book Thief movie?

Well, here's to hoping that the freshmen read the entire list because I sure won't be a big contributor.  

I don't have much time for reading with all of my homework (Why did I take such a heavy course load my senior year?), and it's really a shame.  We all love the excitement we get if we know all of the answers on Jeopardy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.