Friday, March 07, 2014

Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)Easy by Tammara Webber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Current Goodreads Rating: 4.22

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

Characters: How to go about this without giving away spoilers...
Well, I thought Jacqueline was a disappointment to women initially.  What guy is worth avoiding class for two weeks, skipping the midterm, and begging a teacher for a second chance because of these things? And not to mention that the guy she was brooding over was a total loser (that's the nicest word I can think of)! But as the story unwound, Jacqueline grew on me.  She turns out to be a pretty strong female lead:)
Landon, though only known through Jacqueline's correspondences with him, is smart, funny, and charming.
Lucas, on the other hand, is a tattooed boy with a dark past that he struggles to share with Jacqueline which was frustrating as the reader cheering for the two to get together.  He's the "bad boy" with the caring heart.  I'm a fan of clean cut guys, but I enjoyed Lucas nonetheless.

Plot: I was hesitant to read this book because I knew it involved rape, and I am so sick of new adult books with females broken from rape or car accidents.  New adult authors, please corm up with new plots! But, Easy started off exciting, in medias res.  I had known about the character spoiler before reading it, but I really appreciate that mysterious aspect. 

Overall Feelings: It's a cute story with a bit of edge, but I don't understand why the rating is so high.  My friend adored this book and begged me to read it, and I think I'm the only one that's like "Eh, it was good, not the best."




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.