Friday, January 17, 2014

Review- Castle Hill: A Joss and Braden Novella by Samantha Young

Castle Hill: A Joss and Braden Novella (On Dublin Street, #2.5)Castle Hill: A Joss and Braden Novella by Samantha Young
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Braden Carmichael never imagined he'd fall as hard and as fast as he did for Jocelyn Butler. He also could not have anticipated how difficult it would be to convince her to give in to love. But now that he has her, he's never letting go. He's got it all planned - the passionate proposal, the dream wedding, the sexy Hawaiian honeymoon - even the perfect family they'll start.

After trying to flee from her painful past, Joss is finally allowing herself to embrace the future. But when things start moving faster than she anticipated, she finds herself panicking over something Braden can't understand. After everything they've been through, Joss is sure that their love can survive even her worst fears. But, this time, she may push Braden too far - and risk losing everything all over again...

You better read On Dublin Street first!!!!

Characters: Braden and Joss are back.  They're still hilarious, but their sensitive sides come out again in this which was pretty depressing.   The characters I love go through some rough patches, and I just love them so much and I didn't want them to struggle.  They're like my friends.  Anyone else feel this way?

Ellie, Adam, Jo, Cam, and Olivia appear for what seems like 2 seconds:/

Plot: I was thinking about writing an entire post ranting about how mad I am that authors write sequels where the characters have trouble when they just got their happy ending.  Yes, life isn't like that, but I read to escape. There should be happy endings all of the time!

Yeah, so the plot was about trouble in paradise.  It was torture, but I had to read it.  Samantha Young writes with such éclat!!

Would I recommend it to a friend?
Yeah, if you read On Dublin Street, you've probably fell in love with these people and continued with the series.  Castle Hill overlaps with Before Jamaica Lane which I recently read. A review for that will be up soon.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.