Monday, December 09, 2013

Review: Greed by Fisher Amelie

Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)Greed by Fisher Amelie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gather ‘round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don’t have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it’s every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I protect what’s mine and I take what’s yours…because that’s what I do. I want.

My story will not endear me to you and, frankly, I could care less if it does because I’m in this for the money and nothing else. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a corrupt, money hungry, immoral asshole from Los Angeles. I’m every man’s worst nightmare and every girl’s fantasy.

I’m Spencer Blackwell…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most coveted guy to the guy no one wanted around and why I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Characters: Spencer never really was as greedy as you'd think.  He loves his sister, Bridge, which is the reason for the entire plot! He only needed to get away from his dad, who may be one of the worst human beings on the planet.  Can people really be that selfish? Spencer had compassion from the beginning.  Even in Vain, he acts as a great friend to Sophie.  He deserves to find Cricket, a girl that he really loves.  I like that Cricket can handle herself and makes Spencer look silly when he is still getting used to the farm. Go girl!  Her physical appearance, a dark bob and a figure with curves, is so refreshing!  I liked Cricket, but I felt like I didn't get to know her.  Spencer spent time with her every night, and their conversations usually weren't always written or else this would be one long book! The supporting characters are great too.  Cricket's grandparents are so cute, and I love Cricket's cousins.  They're all so kind.

Plot: I don't know much about business, but I can't believe that a person would protect their business by forcing his child to have an abortion.  Well, I can believe it, but that is just terrible.  Once Spencer and Bridge got to the farm, the conditions seemed easy for people to fall in love and forget about the real world, so I'm glad with the drama at the end.

Sequel: Fury is Ethan's story.  I think this one will be interesting, but I never liked Ethan because Spencer didn't like him.  With Vain, I liked Spencer because he was such a god friend to Sophie and was excited for him to get his story.  But for some reason I'm not too excited for Ethan.  I'm going to read it, regardless, because I love Fisher Amelie.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes, this book was good, but I was disappointed because Vain was absolutely amazing, moving even.  The settings were completely different though, so it's not fair to compare, but I am.  So, go read Vain first if you haven't:)

Note: If you're looking for a new adult book, this series is great! I appreciate that there aren't any sex scenes in them, because they're really getting ridiculous in other books these days!!! So, I think that young teens can read these books, but I'm no parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.