Friday, August 09, 2013

Review: There is No Light in Darkness by Claire Contreras

There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)There is No Light in Darkness by Claire Contreras

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Summary: A past hidden in darkness. Her present cloaked in secrets. The future holds the only truth that cannot be escaped.

After the mysterious and violent death of her parents, Blake Brennan finds comfort with an unconventional family. As the dramatic loss of her parents continues to haunt her—and hinders her from reciprocating love that others give freely—Blake embarks on a harrowing journey in search for the truth.

Living in a constant state of fear and need for control, vivid nightmares reveal details that lead to perilous situations. The past begins to collide with the present, and Blake must decide if the truth is worth losing the ones she loves. 

Can love conquer all as her past comes to light? Or will Blake realize that there is no light in darkness?

Characters: Blake is a pretty cool girl that has been dealt a bad hand.  Her actions may be frustrating, but her motives are understandable.  Thank goodness she comes to her senses and gets together with the amazing Cole.  Cole is flirty and makes it obvious that he cares about Blake from the start.  He treats her like gold, wanting to protect her always.  He is the character you dream is real. Auburn is another character that I loved.  He cares for Blake like an older brother and is pretty funny.

Plot: This is another one of those NA books that involves violence, gangs, crime... I have quickly become so sick of these.  The plots are just so affected for me.  Especially this book, there were some things that were too coincidental.  They defy day to day odds.  And the ending was just cruel! I'm not so sure I would want to continue on with a sequel.  I live the characters, but I'm not a fan of this plot line and I'm expecting the next will be along the same line.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Knowing my friends, no.  They love happy endings like me. If you're looking for a romantic drama, you might like this.  Or if you are someone who doesn't mind bad plots if there are awesome characters, this will provide you some satisfaction.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.