Thursday, August 15, 2013

Audio books for the Car

I got my driver's license a little while ago.  I actually just had a fight with the curb and tire, and the curb won today.  Yes, I smashed my car into the curb and need a new tire so I'm feeling depressed.  Anyway, I don't like to listen to music.  I swear that I won't even know what a hit song is now that my sister is away at college.  So, I went to the library and picked up an audio book.  Oh my good golly day, they are all soooo long.  Who can kill 10 hours?  So, I chose The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan.  3 Discs.

I'm not sure if I like audio books yet.  Well, I keep forgetting to turn it on.  But, I find myself not paying careful attention to the story because I'm concerned about driving and not getting lost.  But I suppose that's because I'm a brand new driver.

Oh, and another weird thing is the narrator!  Sometimes you can have a really good one, but I think this one sounds really weird.  He has a young voice, and all I can think of is Logan Lerman as Percy.

Do you like audio books? Where do you listen to them? Or do they put you right to sleep?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.