Saturday, February 08, 2014

Snowmageddon

4 snow days in one week.
850,000 people in Pennsylvania who lost power.
And not everyone has it 4 days later.

I was one of the lucky few in this area that never lost their power.  However, my blogging was nonexistent because I've been computer-less.  My room remains in the process of being redone.  It feels really good to be back.

So what have I been up to these last few days?  Well, fallen trees have caused a bit of trouble, killing power lines but mostly blocking roads.  This is my area.  There were way more closed roads than shown.  I may or may not have ignored one and drove underneath a fallen tree...


You'd think I'd be loving all of this time off from school.  Well, I do but I'd like to graduate in June and not have days taken off my spring break.  I haven't been motivated to do much reading.  Yet, I finished up my Tempest by Julie Cross audio book and went to the library yesterday.  The library has power and was serving as a shelter for the community, so it was packed with people charging their phones.  The circulation computer worked, but all other computers and printers didn't.  I checked out Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but look at the ancient thing I got because the printers were down.

The last time it was used was in 2000!!!!! I'm surprised that the library still had these.  Seeing this was the best part about Snowmageddon.



I hope all is well with everyone.  Hopefully, we can get back to our daily routines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.