Friday, July 01, 2016

Book Haul: Phoenix Books, Burlington VT

I am in Vermont for the summer, and of course I visited their bookstores.  Off of Church St in Burlington lies Phoenix Books.  It is a small store filled with the bestsellers and bookish art that you'd find on Etsy.  Downstairs is the bargain basement.  Here are the remainder marked books which I absolutely do not like buying for my collection.  However, I picked up a remaindered Vegan Express.  Who cares if a cookbook is remaindered?  Someone will probably spill food on it anyway.

Another thing I got from the Bargain Basement was an iPad case.  There are cats on it!! And it was $5.

From upstairs, I grabbed The Fireman by Joe Hill (which I still have not started, bad Carly).  The bookseller told me that the book is getting great review but the sales are poor.  How sad, but once I start reading it and liking it, I will promote it.

I liked Phoenix Books better than Crow Bookstore (Booksellers?) on Church St.  There, everything is jammed into small space, and it feels claustrophobic and not relaxing like how a bookstore should be.




Check out both stores, and tell me what you think of them!  What do you think of my iPad case?

Remember to support your indie booksellers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.